Dating to around 1880 and made by the famous Doulton Company of Lambeth, these 19th century glazed ceramic Doulton troughs or planters are a delight. There are two with thinner ventilated rims that bear the Doulton name and emblem and one with a larger flat solid rim that is unmarked. Salt glazed inside and out, they would make robust planters and whilst they have a single drilled drainage hole to the base, this could be filled to use them as water or feed troughs once again. Some chipping and scuffs commensurate with age.
Flat side: 55-60cm
Width (front corner to corner): 81-86cm