Our monkeytail fasteners offer our most traditional style, taking inspiration from original 18th century design.
- Designed to fit casement windows and match the monkeytail window stays in the range.
- The handle is night venting and can be locked in the open position as well as the closed position allowing some ventilation.
- The product is handed and therefore care needs to be taken when choosing the correct hand. From the inside view, if your window is hinged on the left then a left-hand fastener is required.
- The fastener has a locking mechanism by way of a grub screw.
- Suitable for use with weather-stripped windows.
- Supplied with matching SS wood screws.
Our beeswax finish is the most authentic finish for steel. After forging, the colours left in the steel range from blue to deep red ochre. To preserve these beautiful colours, our beeswax products are dipped into hot beeswax. This gives a subtle, matt richness to the metal and offers excellent protection when the products are fitted internally and properly maintained. An extremely natural finish and a far softer alternative to a black powder coated finish.
To ensure the finish on your Beeswax product always remains at its best, we would advise re-coating your product with our ‘Maintenance Wax’ (33002) from time to time. This adds further protection to the metal and helps to prevent any rust or white blooms forming. Due to temperature changes or packaging, a Beeswax product may occasionally show signs of a white bloom upon opening. This can be buffed with a soft cloth to remove.
Please note that where possible we would recommend using our External Beeswax in areas of your property with high moisture content, such as bathrooms or kitchens. Light surface rust may appear if using our standard Beeswax in damp internal environments, but this can be removed with ease. For accompanying external products, we recommend using our external beeswax finish.