The octagonal mortice/rim knob is part of the blacksmith range of knob sets. They are supplied with loose collars to ensure they can be flush fitted to doors or alternatively used in conjunction with a rim lock.
- Designed to match our octagonal cupboard knobs to create a uniform feeling throughout your home.
- Can be used with a multitude of heavy duty locks, latches & thumbturns for various uses within the home.
- The strength of the spring found in a heavy-duty lock/latch will ensure the knob returns to it's original position.
- We recommend using a 3", 4" or 5" latch/lock.
- Supplied with matching SS wood screws.
Our beeswax finish is the most authentic finish for steel. After forging, the colours left in the steel range from blue to deep red ochre. To preserve these beautiful colours, our beeswax products are dipped into hot beeswax. This gives a subtle, matt richness to the metal and offers excellent protection when the products are fitted internally and properly maintained. An extremely natural finish and a far softer alternative to a black powder coated finish.
To ensure the finish on your Beeswax product always remains at its best, we would advise re-coating your product with our ‘Maintenance Wax’ (33002) from time to time. This adds further protection to the metal and helps to prevent any rust or white blooms forming. Due to temperature changes or packaging, a Beeswax product may occasionally show signs of a white bloom upon opening. This can be buffed with a soft cloth to remove.
Please note that where possible we would recommend using our External Beeswax in areas of your property with high moisture content, such as bathrooms or kitchens. Light surface rust may appear if using our standard Beeswax in damp internal environments, but this can be removed with ease. For accompanying external products, we recommend using our external beeswax finish.